Project Management Team Lead (Services)
Location(s): Johannesburg (Gauteng), South Africa
Categorie(s): Customer Projects & Services
Req ID: 008HTG
Job Description: Project Management Team Lead (Services) – Schneider Electric, Johannesburg (Gauteng)
The Field Service Project Management Team Leader leads Field Services Project Managers.
- Manage executions of Field Services customer projects which are executed within Field Services organization.
- Following applicable company policies and processes (main one being SDB: Services Business Project Process or CPP
- Lead the project team functionally (Design, Planning, Purchasing, Contract, On-site) to ensure full customer satisfaction,
- safety compliance and financial performance.
- Ensure the execution of Field Services projects according to specific rules:
- Simple projects (small to medium size, within a single business line, with rather low organizational and technical complexity, low level of risk, and simple contractual context…) are executed by Field Services organization and led by the Field Services Project Manager.
- Complex projects (large size, with higher organizational and technical complexity, medium to high level of risk, complex contractual context, or involving multiple Bus) are executed by the BU Application center or Regional Solution Centre.
Key areas include:
- Manage Field Service Business to meet user/business expectations and according to agreed requirements for business growth
Key methodologies include:
- People management
- Scope Management
- Time Management
- Cost Management
- Quality Management
- Communications Management
- Risk Management
- Procurement Management
- Contracts/ Subcontracts Management
- Safety Management
- Assist with Training requirements where applicable
- Digitization Knowledge
- Apply the Quality Management System
- Implement CPP Methodologies
- Contribute to ongoing process improvement
- Maintain general management skills and knowledge in line with corporate direction and best practice.
- Communication and reporting
- Develop communication plans for associated business requirements, including all communication within requirements and with key BU stakeholders.
- Manage execution of service business and maintain high levels of skill set and maintain / improve knowledge requirements to sustain present and future business growth.
- Communicate all proposed improvements and ensure implications of approved improvements to enhance business growth.
- Conduct all communication in a professional manner to all BU stakeholders.
- Maintain strong customer relations.
- Assist sales personnel and relative BU stakeholders for business growth and enhancements.
- Manage customer expectations and ensure high focus on customer satisfaction.
- Contribute to the development of case studies where required.
- Perform and manage teams administrative duties related to the role including maintaining high efficiency levels.
- People management
- Maintain / implement staff performance and development processes.
- Plan and direct the activity of staff – maintain motivated team.
- Provide advice and mentoring in areas of expertise.
- Conduct performance reviews of team members.
Qualifications: Project Management Team Lead (Services) – Schneider Electric, Johannesburg (Gauteng)
- University Degree (Electrical Engineering and/or Business)
- Possession of a University master’s degree is a plus
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in related field
- Must have experiencing leading a team of project managers
- Experience in medium and low voltage Partner projects, power and energy products and solutions is required – automation is an added advantage
- ITB UPS, Cooling Data Centre solutions is required
- PMI registration is essential
- Experience in a service environment is desirable
- Schneider Electric Services Offer knowledge
- Mastering project management software tools (MS Excel, MS Project)
- End to end project management experience
- Results driven
- Fluency in English
See More Schneider Electric Careers Here