Intern Analyst – Sub-Saharan Africa: Crossboundary, South Africa
6-month Internship – CrossBoundary Advisory
Financial Advisory Intern Analyst
About the Firm: Crossboundary
CrossBoundary Group is a mission-driven investment and advisory firm that unlocks the power of capital for sustainable growth and strong returns in underserved markets. CrossBoundary Advisory has advised on over US$700 million of closed transactions in underserved markets across a broad range of impactful sectors, including agriculture, health, education, manufacturing, ICT, infrastructure, and clean power. Our investment platforms, CrossBoundary Energy, CrossBoundary Energy Access, and CrossBoundary Educational Infrastructure, directly finance projects to bring cheaper, cleaner, and more reliable electricity, as well as education infrastructure, to developing countries. Learn more at www.crossboundary.com.
Job Description: Intern Analyst – Sub-Saharan Africa: Crossboundary, South Africa
CrossBoundary Advisory is recruiting an intern Analyst to be based in one of its offices in Africa (Johannesburg, Lagos, Nairobi, or Dakar). We seek candidates with an interest in and an understanding of underserved markets in Africa, renewable energy technologies, and the investment landscape.
CrossBoundary is an investment firm. As an intern Analyst, you will identify and evaluate investment opportunities, conduct markets assessments, and provide transaction support to both investors and capital seekers.
The internship has a flexible start time with the possibility of beginning as soon as possible for a period of 6 month. Successful candidates may be considered for a full-time offer.
Who We Are
The CrossBoundary team is a unique group made up of people who are genuinely excited by the opportunity to make a difference in some of the most challenging yet exciting markets in the world. Team members come from diverse backgrounds but share several qualities: curiosity, humility, integrity, a drive for excellence, and a bias for action.
Who You Are: Intern Analyst – Sub-Saharan Africa: Crossboundary, South Africa
- Graduate or current student of a Grande Ecole de Commerce or Grande Ecole d’Ingénieur
- Self-starter who is passionate about creating lasting change in frontier markets
- Experience living and/or working in underserved markets and/or Africa highly preferred
- High tolerance for ambiguity; able to operate effectively in a changing context
- Strong quantitative skills and analytical abilities: can think clearly, structure problems logically, and then design and implement solutions that focus on the core issues
- Familiarity with company fundraising process, including investor due diligence processes
- Great at building and maintaining relationships under stress with colleagues and clients in the sector and/or region
- Willing to take on new types of work, even without prior experience or direct supervision
- Excellent presentation skills: ability to communicate clearly and effectively with diverse audiences
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to deliver high-quality output within time constraints
- Self-starter who is humble and passionate about creating lasting change in underserved markets
- Enthusiastic about working, traveling, and living in sometimes challenging environments
- Familiarity and comfort with Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Comfort operating in a Business English environment
Primary Responsibilities: Intern Analyst – Sub-Saharan Africa: Crossboundary, South Africa
- Conduct market assessments (primarily in the renewable energy sector)
- Engage with cleantech companies, business associations, DFIs, government offices, etc. to identify and develop investment opportunities in the renewable energy sector
- Conduct macroeconomic, regulatory, and operational assessments
- Provide sector analysis of priority areas for investment
- Investor sourcing
- Transaction support
- Support organization of conferences and other networking events
Think you have what it takes but not sure you check every box? Research shows that while men apply to roles when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women often only apply when they meet every requirement. If you’re passionate about what we’re building, apply! We want to hear from you.
The chosen candidate will join our team in Dakar, Johannesburg, Lagos, or Nairobi.
Equal Opportunity Employer
CrossBoundary is an equal opportunity employer. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to our email@example.com
Application Process and Timeline: Intern Analyst – Sub-Saharan Africa: Crossboundary, South Africa
Applications are currently open. Please apply online via https://www.crossboundary.com/careers/
- Deadline to Apply: 30 September 2023
- Application requirements: CV/Resume (1 page)
- The interview process will test your fit, aptitude, and technical skills
- Applications will be reviewed, and interviews conducted on a rolling basis
- Final decisions are expected to be made on a rolling basis with a start date of as soon as possible